SVR helps veterans in so many different ways, not just with housing. Our veterans are able to seek specialist help in a friendly community environment and can take part in different sports or activities.
In 2022 alone we helped 222 residents by:
- Providing 462 hours of counselling with registered practitioners
- Assisting residents with 67 benefits claims
- Helping with 9 AFCS/War Pension claims
- Supporting 56 veterans to move on to their own tenancy or supported accommodation
- Enabling 7 veterans to undertake volunteering work
- Helping 83 residents to take up an activity, sport or hobby
- Helping 9 residents undertake training or education
- Offering activities such as art groups, yoga, cycling, gardening, barbecues, games nights and quizzes arranged by volunteers, outdoor weeks in the Highlands (including climbing, kayaking and mountain biking), visits to places of interest and visits by other organisations and groups to our Residences.