SVR helps veterans in so many different ways, not just with housing. Our veterans are able to seek specialist help in a friendly community environment and can take part in different sports or activities.
In 2019 alone we helped our 240 residents by:
- Providing 867 hours of counselling with registered practitioners
- Assisting residents with 228 benefits claims
- Helping with 7 AFCS/War Pension claims
- Supporting 62 veterans to move on to their own tenancy
- Enabling 26 veterans to undertake volunteering work
- Helping 135 residents to take up an activity, sport or hobby
- Helping 36 residents undertake training or education
- Helping 16 veterans to get jobs*
- Offering activities such as art groups' yoga, cycling, gardening, barbecues, games nights and quizzes arranged by volunteers, outdoor weeks in the Highlands (including climbing, kayaking and mountain biking), visits to places of interest and visits by other organisations and groups to our Residences.