Work for us
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Manager at our Rosendael Residence. Rosendael is a Registered Housing Support Service in
Broughty Ferry, which can accommodate 44 residents in single en-suite rooms
with a full catering service. As well as
person-centred support, the service offers a range of recreational activities
and a counselling service.
37.5 hours per week
£38,000 - £42,000 and benefits
Place of Work
Rosendael, 3 Victoria Road, Broughty Ferry, Dundee, DD5 1BE
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of Rosendael, including the safety, health, comfort and welfare of the Residents and the maintenance of good order within the Residence in line with Health and Social Care Standards.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be accountable to the Executive Management Team and the Governing Body for the quality and delivery of the overall service offered at Rosendael. This is to be in accordance with the Vision, Values and Mission of SVR and, of the relevant regulatory and statutory bodies.
- To provide a service which assesses the support and accommodation needs of potential residents and, where the service is deemed appropriate, assist residents to maintain their Occupancy and Support Agreement.
- To lead, engage and motivate the Rosendael multi-disciplinary team and to act as a member of the SVR Senior Management Team.
- To manage and motivate the Rosendael staff team delivering specialised services to residents by coordinating & monitoring their workload and performance to deliver a comprehensive service to residents. This includes promoting an environment of successful and mutually supporting team working.
- To manage all external providers and contractors within the level of financial control delegated at that tim
- Principal Accountabilities
To deliver the service in accordance with the aims and objectives of SVR in a responsive and dynamic manner.To be accountable for the setting, monitoring and delivery of the departmental budgets of Rosendael.
- Ensure that teams are trained and structured, to meet statutory responsibilities and agreed service priorities.
- To provide specialist, professional advice & support to staff, encouraging them to adopt approaches in keeping with policy/procedure, legislation & statutory requirements.
- Through a range of quality assurance activities ensure that quality standards as defined by internal partners, stakeholders and external organisations are met, maintained and improved upon.
Responsible for recruitment of Rosendael staff including the completion of recruitment paperwork, short listing of candidates, conducting interviews, and delivering appropriate induction plans ensuring SVRs policies are delivered and understood by each member of staff.Implement SVR’s procedures in relation to staffing matters, including, sickness absence, health and safety, formal investigations and referring to the CEO where appropriate.
- Prepare and participate in regulation and inspection, ensuring work plans for the team are developed, implemented and updated. Take the lead in project meetings when required to prepare for inspection and prepare submissions. This includes the production of statistical information for the service.
- As required lead and participate in quality improvement teams established to promote service development.
- Responsible for the provision of a catering service to residents. The postholder will monitor all matters concerning catering within the residence and respond as necessary to maintain high quality provision.
To ensure the appropriate processes and procedures are in place and are monitored and reviewed, to ensure the smooth running of the service and overall residence.
To ensure the safety of residents, staff and the premises at all times, and to implement measures to ensure this safety in the event of an emergency occurring (including the holding of emergency practice drills).Work within a rota providing out of hour’s advice & assistance to the service. The Manager on call will attend in the event of a critical Incident and provide unit cover in the absence of staff.
In partnership with colleagues, be responsible and accountable for the overall KPIs for the residence, including utilisation, arrears and quality, amongst others.
To maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders, particularly local authorities and charities that refer veterans for supported accommodation, and identify new stakeholders in health & wellbeing, education & training, social and permanent accommodation arenas, and ensure they are aware of Rosendael’s services.
To implement policies and procedures to ensure effective service delivery for both residents and staff, by ensuring staff are appropriately trained and supported.
Take responsibility for the monitoring and resolution of complaints where appropriate.
To create and maintain the personal records of all residents as required by the statutory and regulatory bodies and authorities. In line with Data Protection legislation.
To identify ‘best practice’ and relevant legislation in the sector promoting an environment of continuous improvement within the service where residents and staff alike, are treated with dignity and respect.
To ensure cultural and diversity awareness is built into all operations.
To provide regular reports on the operation and activities of the residence to the Chief Executive and Residents’ Committee.To actively participate in the Senior Management Team of SVR, communicating and sharing best practice effectively.
- To ensure the Chief Executive is kept up to date with the operational elements of the service and notifying him of any significant events in good time.
- Cover for other residence managers when required. This includes working with partner services to ensure the utilities and statutory responsibilities in relation to water, gas, electricity and fire etc are maintained for a range of housing management functions. This includes assuming delegated responsibility and becoming the responsible person for the building.
Carry out such duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be directed by the Chief Executive.
Person Specification – Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the JobThe essential qualifications and characteristics that will be required of the person undertaking the role are:
- One of the following; SVQ Social Services and Healthcare SCQF Level 9; SVQ 4 Care Services Leadership and Management; SCQF level 10; or the equivalent, Registered Managers qualification.
- Proven management and leadership experience of a medium to large team within a supported housing or social care setting.
- Considerable expertise in managing a supported housing service.
- Experience of managing processes and systems, including quality standards, risk and financial management.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft 365 including MS Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of how to maximise performance and productivity.
- An ability to manage a number of priorities simultaneously.
- A confident and effective decision maker.
- A strong commitment to high quality individual-centred service and practice.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor these to differing audiences.
- Commitment to continuous development of own skills and knowledge.
- Commitment to working within SVR’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Other Relevant Information
- The residence manager is responsible for the management and participation in an on call service ensuring that residents and staff are safe and supported during periods out-with normal business hours.
- The post has 5 direct reports and a staff team of 28.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults would be advantageous.
- A connection with the military and Veterans would be advantageous.