Housing support services
All of SVR's Residences are Housing Support Services registered with the Care Inspectorate.
SVR helps veterans in so many different ways, not just with housing. Our
veterans are able to seek specialist help in a friendly community environment
and can take part in different sports or activities.
In 2022 alone we helped our 222 residents by:
- Providing 462 hours of counselling with registered practitioners
- Assisting residents with 67 benefits claims
- Helping with 9 AFCS/War Pension claims
- Supporting 56 veterans to move on to their own tenancy or supported accommodation
- Enabling 7 veterans to undertake volunteering work
- Helping 83 residents to take up an activity, sport or hobby
- Helping 9 residents undertake training or education
- Offering activities such as art groups, yoga, cycling, gardening, barbecues, games nights and quizzes arranged by volunteers, outdoor weeks in the Highlands (including climbing, kayaking and mountain biking), visits to places of interest and visits by other organisations and groups to our Residences.
We can tell you so much more about what we do but we feel the best people to tell you are the veterans themselves. Why not watch veterans tell their stories in our video or read their stories about what SVR means to them here.
A personal support plan will be developed with a resident's key worker, looking at specific goals and how these might be achieved with reviews to monitor progress.
The Housing Support Teams at Rosendael, Whitefoord House and Bellrock Close are led by highly qualified managers and the experienced teams include some who are themselves veterans.