Vacancies at Scottish Veterans Residences and Scottish Veterans Housing Association are shown below.
Kitchen Assistant Permanent Part-time weekend position, 30.5 hours per week. Salary on application.
Scottish Veterans Residences (SVR) is a Registered Scottish Charity (SC015260) established in 1910 in reaction to the sight of veterans sleeping rough on the streets of Edinburgh. SVR’s operational arm is Scottish Veterans Housing Association (SVHA) which provides high quality, supported accommodation for veterans who are homeless or in need.
We house ex-service men and women of all ages in residences in Edinburgh Dundee and Glasgow.
We are looking to recruit a Part time Kitchen Assistant to work as part of the Catering team in Whitefoord House in the centre of Edinburgh.
Key responsibilities include:
• assisting in the preparation and serving of meals
• ensuring all kitchen equipment and utensils are appropriately cleaned and stored after each service,
• Maintaining the cleanliness of the Kitchen and Dining Rooms.
• Ensure all waste is disposed of in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
• Ensure that any concerns about residents are passed on appropriately.
• Ensure that residents experience a good quality of service within the dining room which is delivered in a way that is non-judgemental and respectful.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, conscientious, adaptable, approachable and have catering experience. This role involves working within a team so experience of this would be advantageous.
For further information or to register your interest, please send your CV and a covering letter which sets out why you think you are suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 30th October 2017.