Vacancies at Scottish Veterans Residences and Scottish Veterans Housing Association are shown below.
JOB DESCRIPTION – MANAGER
Scottish Veterans Residences (SVR) is a Registered Scottish Charity (SC015260) established in 1910 in reaction to the sight of veterans sleeping rough on the streets of Edinburgh. SVR’s operational arm is Scottish Veterans Housing Association (SVHA) which provides high quality, supported accommodation for veterans who are homeless or in need. The Charity also provides a small number of rented accommodation to veterans.
The Charity house ex-service men and women of all ages in residences in Edinburgh and Dundee and Bellrock Close in Glasgow.
1. Job Details
Job Title Residence Manager Line Manager Chief Executive
Hours 37.5 hours per week Salary Competitive salary and benefits
Place of Work Whitefoord House, Canongate. Edinburgh
2. Job Purpose
Responsible for the day-to-day management of Whitefoord House, including the safety, health, comfort and welfare of the residents and the maintenance of good order within the Residence in line with the National Standards for Housing Support Services.
3. Main Responsibilities
• To report to and be accountable to the Chief Executive, Executive Management team, Committee of Management and Trustees for the quality and delivery of the overall service offered at Whitefoord House, in accordance with the aims and mission of SVHA and, of the relevant regulatory and legal bodies.
• To provide a service which assesses the suitability of potential residents and offers accommodation to suitable individuals, supporting residents within the terms of their Occupancy Agreement.
• To lead, engage and motivate the Whitefoord House multi-disciplinary team and to act as a member of the SVHA Senior Management team,
• To manage all external providers and contractors within the level of financial control delegated at that time
4. Principal Accountabilities
• To deliver the service in accordance with the aims and objectives of the SVHA in a responsive and dynamic manner.
• To be accountable for the setting, monitoring and delivery of the departmental budgets of Whitefoord House
• To ensure the appropriate processes and procedures are in place and are monitored and reviewed, to ensure the smooth running of the service and overall house
• To ensure the safety of residents, staff and the premises at all times, and to implement measures to ensure this safety in the event of an emergency occurring (including the holding of emergency practice drills).
• In partnership with colleagues, be responsible and accountable for the overall KPI s for the House, including utilisation, arrears and quality, amongst others.
• To maintain and develop relationships with existing stakeholders and identify new stakeholders, in health & wellbeing, education & training, social enterprise and permanent accommodation arenas.
• To implement policies and procedures to ensure effective service delivery for both residents and staff, by ensuring staff are appropriately trained and supported
• To ensure quality assessments are consistently maintained to the highest level by working in partnership with the SSSC.
• Take responsibility for the monitoring and resolution of complaints where appropriate
• To create and maintain such personal records of all residents as are required by the statutory and regulatory bodies and authorities. In line with Data Protection Legislation
• To identify ‘best practice’ and relevant legislation in the sector promoting an environment of continuous improvement within the service where residents and employees alike, are treated with dignity and respect.
• To ensure culture and diversity awareness is built into all operations
• To provide regular reports on the operation and activities of the Residence to the Chief Executive and Residents Committee.
• To actively participate in the Senior Management Team of SVHA,communicating and sharing best practice effectively
• To ensure the Chief Executive is kept up to date with the operational elements of the service and notifying him of any significant events in good time.
• Carry out such duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be directed by the Chief Executive.
5. Person Specification –
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
The essential qualifications and characteristics that will be required of the person undertaking the role are:
• SVQ 4 in Health and Social Care; SVQ4 in Leadership or the equivalent,Registered Managers qualification.
• Proven Management and leadership experience of a medium to large team within a supported housing or social care setting.
• Deep expertise in managing a housing support service.
• Experience of managing processes and systems, including quality standards, risk and financial management.
• Strong analytical skills and an understanding of how to maximise performance and productivity
• An ability to manage a number of priorities simultaneously
• A confident and effective decision maker.
• A strong commitment to high quality client-centred service and practice.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor these to differing audiences
• Commitment to continuous development of own skills and knowledge..
• Commitment to working within SVHA’s Equal Opportunities Policy
6. Other Relevant Information
• A Military background or connection with the Military and Veterans would be advantageous
• Experience of working with vulnerable adults would be advantageous
• The post holder has c.18 direct reports